The defence of equality is part of the mission, vision and values of Fundación ONCE, in line with sustainable development goal (SDG) 5 on gender equality. Thus, the principles of equal opportunities, non-discrimination and positive action permeate all our actions transversally, inspiring our work in the Observatory of Equal Opportunities of the ONCE Social Group, to which the Fundación ONCE belongs.
Since our inception, we have encouraged programmes to promote equal treatment and opportunities between women and men, both internally and externally. In addition, we apply an intersectional approach, addressing the challenges faced by women with disabilities as a result of multiple discrimination, and pay special attention to women with disabilities who are victims of gender-based violence.
We carry out numerous and varied initiatives every year in this area, many of them in partnership with other entities with which we share the same objectives and concerns in relation to equality between women and men.
In addition, beyond gender equality, we adopt a broad vision of diversity (which includes from the outset people with disabilities themselves, both men and women), integrating in our work other dimensions such as equality and non-discrimination against age or LGTBI population, always encouraging diverse talent, and enhancing enriching workspaces free of any type of discrimination.
Key indicators in the field of gender equality
Indicators for the Executive Area of Fundación ONCE (which includes the Fundación ONCE, Inserta Empleo, Inserta Innovación and Servimedia) in 2020.
• 44% of the jobs created for people with disabilities were for women.
• 49% of job training for people with disabilities was aimed at women.
• 52% of the scholarships awarded went to women.
• 48% of the training places in the Digital Talent Programme (training aimed at people with disabilities in the digital and technological field) were occupied by women.
• Attention to women with disabilities, victims of gender violence by Inserta Empleo (cumulative figures 2017-2020):
- 598 career-orientated women
- 404 women trained
- 206 women have got a job
• 47% women in our management team
• 39% women on the Board of Trustees of Fundación ONCE
• Wage gap: 8.9%
• Equality plans and their corresponding follow-up commissions.
• Coordinating Commission for Diversity and Equality
• Anti-harassment Procedure and Commission (Fundación ONCE)
• Company equality badge (DIE, Fundación ONCE).
• Family Friendly Company Certificate- (EFR, Fundación ONCE).
Outstanding programmes and actions
• Launch of the Radia Programme on training in digital technologies to promote the inclusion of women with disabilities in digital and technological work environments.
• Promotion of the Women in ON mode -VG programme to promote the personal recovery and empowerment of women with disabilities who are victims of gender-based violence.
• Collaboration with the Fundación CERMI Mujeres, as a reference entity in the movement of women with disabilities in Spain.
• Participation in the EMIDIS Programme of the LGTB State Federation.
Links and documents of interest
• Observatory of Equal Opportunities of the Once Social Group (includes various documents of interest)
• Guide to a non-sexist use of the language of Fundación ONCE.
• Fundación ONCE's guide to gender and disability mainstreaming in European Social Fund programming (English version here)
• Generosity Collection of Fundación CERMI Mujeres (various publications)
• Infographic 11 data on diversity in the executive area of Fundación ONCE (in Spanish)
• Recommendations to integrate gender equality in acts and events (in Spanish)