The mission of the Directorate for Universal Accessibility is to promote the Design for All and, achieve universal accessibility as an essential condition for equal opportunities of persons with disabilities.
It carries out its activities within the scope of the following strategic lines:
- Advice on design for all and universal accessibility.
- Development and promotion of research, development and innovation in the design for all, universal accessibility and support products for persons with disabilities.
- Training in the design for all and universal accessibility.
- Publicising of activities and representative projects.
- Publications to allow systematising knowledge.
- Creation of networks and alliances.
The Directorate for Universal Accessibility organizes its management structure into three Areas:
- Accessibility of physical resources.
- Culture and leisure.
- New technologies.